A Buckeye in Texas

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Go Crew!

You might move away from a town, but your heart remains there. Although I live 1,300 miles away now, I still love Columbus, and I'm really excited that the Crew (Columbus' Major League Soccer team) blasted its way into the 2008 MLS Cup, their first final ever. Coming from a state whose professional sports teams rarely see the playoffs, let alone the finals or a championship trophy, it's really exciting when success finally happens. As a bungling Bengals and out of luck Reds fan (see almost 20 years of disappointment), I think it's about time that Ohio had a success story to rally around. So, I plan on watching the Crew win the MLS Cup on Nov. 23! I just need to find some yellow and black to wear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home