A Buckeye in Texas

Thursday, April 30, 2009

How things change in the matter of weeks

The reason I originally moved to San Antonio no longer exists so I'm dealing with a big decision right now. I won't get into specifics since they're not necessary, but in general, I'm deciding between staying here and moving back to Ohio.

I spent my first year in San Antonio hating everything about being here. It took me three months to find a job so the first months were really difficult, especially since I knew about two people in the entire city. Once I got this job at the library, life improved, but for some reason I was still determined not to like being here. As time has progressed, though, San Antonio is growing on me. I've met wonderful friends, I've found a really good church, and I feel like I'm growing as a person more than I ever have. I'm also finding more interesting challenges at work.

Last weekend, I visited home. Of course, it was really nice to see friends and family, but I realized that everyone has moved on in their lives without me. Some friends have gotten married, others have started having children, and others have moved away to other parts of the country and the world. So, no matter where I am, whether I stay here or move back to Ohio, I'll be starting all over again. It's both exciting and daunting. I always thought it would be a no-brainer. If my reason for being here disappeared, then I would move home immediately. But I'm finding that the reason has changed, not vanished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home